View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2006, 10:28 pm   #7
Sean Williams
Dekatron

Default Re: Noon Opening Time for NVCF?

Speaking as someone who frequents about 20 shows/events each year, I would think that a noon opening time would be the beginning of the end - certainly the event I ran last year had almost no-one arrive after 1pm - most of us have other family commitments which are strained on weekends.

From a Wetwood/Sambrook point of view (Radiophile events) we usually set up from around 9 am on the Saturday, and work through till around 9.30 to 10pm that evening, we then retire to a local hostelry for liquid refreshment and a sympathetic landlord

Sunday starts at around 6.30 am for the Stewards, arriving at the hall for around 8am to continue with organisation, once the auction opens for viewing we work flat out then on till around 5pm when the last buyers have gone, have a cuppa, then start clearing up - it is not unknown to be parking vehicles at Radiophile HQ at gone 10.30pm, once an evening meal is consumed and a general chat about planning for the next event we get on our way some time around 1am on the Monday

Add a 2 hour drive for me (some come from further away) and it ends up a very bad Monday......

So, as Paul says there would have to be some extremely compelling reasons to open late, and probably double the volunteer force....

Hope the above info opens a few eyes......

Cheers
Sean