View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2021, 6:04 pm   #1
adammoogle
Diode

Default Sony BVM D24 Overload issue

Hi,

I'm hoping there are some engineers and technicians on here who may have used or come across these amazing monitors in their work!

I have one I got during lockdown to watch movies and play games having got back into CRTs.

The monitor is in good condition, well used (60,000hours) and has a few bangs and marks but the screen is perfect and the picture truly amazing in person (and in a dark room!). I like to think it has a little bit of history as it has an Aardman Studios label on it - but I bought it in an auction so do not know the background at all. I just like to think it was used for Wallace and Gromit!

My issue is on start up (either a cold power on or powering it on using the controller from standby). The monitor will start initialisation but when the screen gets bright the overload warning light comes on and if I do not turn the monitor back off, the NEON overload bulb will flash and the monitor will shutdown to standby. If you turn it back on right away, it will initialise again but this time complete with no overload issue. I've had all the removeable cards (PSU, Deflection and Input) tested in a working monitor and the overload issue has not occurred, so my theory is I have an issue with the flyback or flyback board. I wondered if anyone had come across this issue before and might be able to offer some advice on a solution?

Although I can keep using the monitor, I don't think it can be healthy for it to keep overloading on every start up and I'd like to identify and fix the issue if I can.

I hope someone can help.