View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2021, 1:02 pm   #1
3CX15000A7
Tetrode

Default Restoring a CP110, tube life after regeneration?

Hi all,

I couldn't resist to buy another CRT. This time a 27CE3591 out 1987, one of the first CP110. It's fitted with a A66EAK51X03 tube.

After first powerup, the picture was dull with low contrast, very bad convergence and all kind of electronic picture faults.

I got a müter BM95 rejuvenator for a low price and I measured the tube. I got for RGB respectively 0,7mA, 0,6mA and 0,5mA. I did the gamble and started the (automatic) rejuvenation. Results where good, red and green around 1,15mA and blue around 1,05. Life test did increase the current very little, around 0,05 - 0,1 mA

It seems very succesful, the contrast, colors, convergence, focus all seems very good now.

What is your expierence with this type of tubes? Will it last some time? I see a lot of expierence of rejuvenating older 30AX tubes, but what about those?

I still have a lot of challenging electronic failures to find but I will wait a bit to see if I can find it myself before asking for help. Al lot of dry solder joints on the CRT panel for sure, and a lot of caps . .