View Single Post
Old 25th May 2019, 1:31 am   #16
Sufferinghusban
Triode

Default Re: Yaesu FT-7 No Transmit

Terry, the aerial changeover relay I did not touch. I gather the rear panel has to come off for that? If it's not the RF finals I feel it may be further along past them. I suppose in a sense when the signal got louder when I touched the other transistor on the RF Board I was basically giving it an antenna to send out to. Does that make sense? If VR1501 is the ALC adjustment I have been trying to turn it but no luck. The rear cover has to come off to just see in there, and get a screwdriver that will fit it as it appears very fine and with no light I can't line up a driver to adjust VR1501.

The unit has been modded, either for 10m extended or 11m. The 10m crystal is switchable to a blank crystal socket, but it is out of play. I am not testing on 10m at the moment but it appears to be normal. In saying that things may have been tweaked and left.

As you may have guess by all the questions, and dumbness, this is all new to me. I know the basics but never delved into it like this, however I love a challenge! If I can get it working again it will be a great personal accomplishment. I will look up how to make an rf probe and see what happens. I gather with that I should see something coming off the RF board? Thanks for all this.