View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2019, 8:43 pm   #3
NorfolkDaveUK
Banned

Default Akai 270D Rewind issues .

OK so having now got round to this in a more substantial manor . I have found that this has a fault on rewind which is probably why it came in with a blown fuse . There is however weirdness involved .

If I lift the tape in arm and press rewind , it rewinds correctly , with good torque and the take up spool goes loose but holds tension .

However , if i put a tape in , it will FFW like a demon , but will not rewind , and i dont mean its sluggish , I mean if you press the rew button , no rewind at all . If i manually spin the take up spool (backwards of course) the the rewind keeps up no matter how fast I spin it . So to me this indicates dirty tape path , but , no , I have cleaned it up very very well and its certainly not that because - the same thing happens if I take the tape out of the tape path , sometimes it will crawl rew , but most of the time its just sits with a buzzing rew motor and no movement until I manually operate the take up spool.

It plays in Rev just fine at the correct speed . I have changed the 5uf (3+2) and 330uf 160v caps . I have not changed the 4 + 4 uf cap .

This thing is an absolute pain in the backside to get in to , its been put together with no thought of a service in mind at all , getting the power supply board to show me its goodies is a mare of a performance .

So , anyone have any Ideas . I`m thinking the relay / diode on the PSU board maybe , but you guys might know better , this is the fist one of these I`ve had .

BTW , the brakes are releasing fine !