Thread: Speaker noises
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2019, 7:22 pm   #32
19Seventy7
Octode

Default Re: Speaker noises

Hi,

I was using my record player today, (Using both RH channels) and I stopped using it for a second, and so just stopped the music, but didn't turn the player off with the intention of using it again. I completely forgot about it when I just hear a pop and crackle. I quickly turned it all off and unplugged it. I felt the TT was quite warm, which was odd.

I've now taken the bottom off to see if anything had literally popped, but I cannot see anything. However, there is a small resistor or diode which looks like it's melted onto other components (I apologise, I don't know the correct terms properly) there are also other components which look to have melted together. The other PCB wasn't anywhere as warm, nor does it have the melted look on the respective parts.

These are on a small circuit (one of a pair, which I assume make up part of the amplifier etc) This is very warm to the touch (the other part isn't) and is directly under the warm part of the TT.

I lifted the PCB out of it's holder and looked on the underside, all the soldering seems to have a brown substance.

Could it've been the resistor/diode has failed, and is heating up the rest of the components.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LHPCB_T.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	180776   Click image for larger version

Name:	LHPCB_U.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	180777   Click image for larger version

Name:	Burnt.jpg