View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2017, 3:33 pm   #5
Oldcodger
Nonode

Default Re: Interconnecting old telephones?

Only suggestion on extension calling with out a system is extra wires and a buzzer system.
PW- is that an ask for help on the 206. I'd love to help, as I've got a stack of Panasonic manuals ( with some annotated with factory courses ) ,somewhere ( suspect in loft,but with hip problem I can't get to them). But the KXT break down into two sets. The 308 / 616 and the 206/624. The first two require the programming switch on the inside of the case set to program, whereas the later ones use the extension DISPLAY ( 206, can be done with with an non display-if YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. ME- I always carried a display phone ), phone . TWO beeps means code accepted. One means code rejected.
On display ,set phone programming switch ( rear of phone, next to line cord to program). Enter password- default 1234.
This gets you into programming mode. Then follow the guide in the user manual .

Something worth looking out for for folks with old pulse dialling phones are the older A series, but these do need SLT cards to accept non 4W phones, and the older system phones are polarity sensitive on terminals 3 & 4.