View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2019, 11:07 am   #12
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Fluke 77 Series II Repair Using Donor

I got a response to my query, very rapid, but rather cool, see below.

I've had this experience before with Fluke where they tell me the necessary parts are unavailable and then in the next sentence either invite me to send the item to Fluke for repair (when the part is obsolete, how would they do that?) or, as in the case below, to quote me (For what, when the parts are unavailable?)

The link just takes me back to the page where I found their contact details originally.

I emailed them again to query this and they clarified that the part is not available to purchase, and that I should contact the fluke service people, who originally sent me somewhere else, to see about the possibility of a repair by Fluke.

I have a feeling that if I send it to Fluke they will charge me for looking at it, and then tell me what I already know - that the necessary parts are no longer available. For the time being, I'm going wait for a 'spares or repair' specimen to come up.

---8<------

Quote:
Good Morning
Thank you for your enquiry.
This is now an obsolete part.
As you do not hold an active account with Fluke UK, we are unable to provide you with a quotation.
Please use the link to find details of your local wholesalers: http://www.fluke.com/fluke/uken/wheretobuy/default.htm