View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2011, 7:56 pm   #25
radiolot
Tetrode

Default Re: NVCF - Alexandra Palace CANCELLED !!!

I had a good chat the other day with my boss at work about the possibility of gallery space at the Knightsbridge office for something. I'm afraid that week in early November is the period design sale, which takes up the whole building. Bit of a shame but I had visions of my view on upstairs whilst the BVWS and AP groups had a display with sets in the big room downstairs and some left over space on the second floor for the stalls.
If the space was there, we would not have charged, as any public/newcomers would have been 'Bonhamed' by leaflets and sale calendars!
Sorry chaps, we can't do a 'Bonhams' space replacement for AP.

But for those who have booked rooms/tents/friends sofas for that date and still want to, I would be delighted to invite as many of you as possible to the 6th November view start to see the TVs and radios in.

One wonders, if the Crystal Palace were still standing, if the management there would have housed us for an event? As a south Londoner, I am afraid to say I am biased declaring they most probably would have done!

Let's keep our heads close and continue thinking - there must be somewhere we can do this - there is still time and 75 years is an important anniversary.

have fun
Laurence