View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2019, 4:40 pm   #7
HoraceBatchelor
Triode

Default Re: Horace needs help. Bush VHF70.

I know next to nothing about the workings of these radios, or any other radios. I'm just a collector because i like the looks of them. I started collecting at the beginning of this year and i have seven. Polished up and shown on display they look really good. So good i would love to show them off, but it seems this site is not able to cope with anything other than thumbnail size, which is a pity.

But getting back to my latest acquisition " the Bush vhf70". i may not have the knowledge you boys have, but i do like to see what shape my buys are in on the inside. And if nothing seems obviously wrong i will power them up through a lamp limiter as i did with the Bush. It powered up with scale lamps (correct size) aglow after replacing the old ones for new, The 100 watt bulb glowed with the usual red glow as it should, but it did seem a little more of a redness to the glow than i had seen with my other radios.

All i received was a light humming and the occasional crackle as the pointer passed over where stations where. But after approx 15 minutes the 100 watt bulb flashed fully and that was the end of me doing any thing else as safety beckoned.

This maybe a "how long is a piece of string question" but with that limited information could anyone give a stab at what may be the trouble?