View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2019, 7:54 pm   #1
Eidolon
Hexode

Default Philips V2022 and ITT 482 cross-compatible parts

I was offered and have just picked up a Philips v2022 v2000 machine. It was working when the seller last tried it about a month ago, albeit with a fuzzy picture that was almost certainly dirty heads. The machine is a bit grubby and needs a ssrious clean. But it won't play now. Ff and rew ok, but wont play. Any ideas on what's wrong?

The machine is pretty battered and worn cosmetically. Looks awful.

My original ITT 482 that had the problem of being stuck on play with a tape lid that kept opening, but was seriously damaged by the previous repairman who didn't put it back together properly (loose boards inside ), and wired it up wrong, causing the power supply to burn and smoke.
I sent it in to a new, much better place i found, but he thought it was a lost cause when he saw all the smoke coming out of the power supply and didn't fix it as a result.

This v2022 is my third v2000 machine. I could do with getting it up and running, but it is in such a bad cosmetic state, that it would be ni er to get the 482 running, maybe using parts from the 2022 if possible. They're almost identical models.
Is anything cross-compatible between the two machines? Power supply in particular would be good to replace the damaged one in the 482.
I'm not sure about what is better about the latter machine, in terms of features or quality.

Thanks for any help.