View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2018, 3:56 pm   #8
dominicbeesley
Octode

Default Re: Tandy 200 portable computer - need help

When doing anything like this you may need to fiddle around in the deeper settings for your soundcard. This has caused me grief both on trying to transcribe computer recordings and doing NBTV work.

Computer sound card drivers do all sorts of audio processing (that is supposed) to make things sound better but which messes up anything like this. For instance on my card on windows 10 I need to right click the speaker icon, select playback devices, select the device I am using right click that and in "enhancements" tab [sic] disable everything except "immediate mode", then in the "spatial sound" tab turn spatial sound off.

This works on my machine but your mileage will vary greatly if you have, for instance, realtek driver suite installed which adds all sorts of graphic equalisers, theatre effects etc all of which will need turning off.

Phones I have found tend to be less of an issue probably all that processing would cost battery power though I should think there are plenty of apps/OS settings that can/will mess things up.

I've got a model 100 languishing in my workshop that needs rehabilitating. That one has the separate disk drives and runs (I think) some sort of CP/M

D