View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2021, 7:55 pm   #8
still.learning
Triode

Default Re: Who has an Emor Globe radio?

Neil – thanks for the detailed information. I’m curious, what mechanical design flaws did you correct? I’m currently restoring my second Canadian model and it has some quirks as well.

Paul – I view these radios as much a part of vintage radio history as the more ‘traditional’ but perhaps less artistic designs. Much the same as Catalin cabinets or Sparton Bluebirds, and certainly worth preserving.

Mike – love your signature quote!

g8jzyian – thanks for the reference to the Manchester Museum of Science. A beautiful example.

Dave – the Nostalgia Air site lists the Riders entry for a US Emor 100 (Riders 16-1 and 16-2). As outlined in my restoration article referenced above, there is only one know instance of this radio, a prototype currently residing in Illinois. All North American assembly was done by the Faust Radio Company in Montreal, using US components and the circuit shown in the Riders entry.

Merlinmaxwel – thanks for telling me about the Dulwich gallery. Had to look it up and discovered it to be the ‘oldest public art gallery in England’. Very impressive.

So far, have found fifteen (15) Emors worldwide. Still looking.

Cheers,
Gary