View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2019, 9:16 pm   #7
Montymoo
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Leitch Studio Clock Problem

Thanks for your detailed reply.

The clock originally would reset itself to "all hands to 12" and I could then set the correct the time without any problem and it's running smoothly for some years. Now after a regrettable attempt to fine tune the time it's really got it's knickers in a twist. The hands now reset themselves to something like 3 mins to 11 but even then, the hour and minute hand are properly aligned.

I have also tried and I'm not sure I should have done this, physically moving the pulley drive wheels inside to align the hans to midnight but soon as the power goes on they revert to their 3 mins to 11 position.

I shall endeavour to research this problem and I'll heed your advice about the stepper motors.

Thanks again.

PS I used to work as a Station Assistant at Radio Derby in my youth. The clocks then were GENT and were driven by a master Pendulum clock. We always had to check the time against the 'speaking clock' and tell the news readers if the clocks were plus or minus a few seconds so they didn't crash into the pips when joining network.