View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2017, 6:51 pm   #9
llama
Octode

Default Re: Eumig 510D projector jerky

Can't really do photos at the moment but various comments on this and my other thread would seem to indicate sprocket-less. We're used to German over-engineering but under? Anyway I found that using gaffa tape to hold an old marker pen across the top of the machine to form a loop helps a lot. It seems to convert intermittent snatches into more or less continuous pull by generating something akin to dither.

Applying light pressure to create back-tension on the feed spool makes matters much worse.

There is a round-section belt above the lens which is moved to the feed spool area, together with a sharp scoop device when a loading lever is pushed over. It's actually easier to feed a little film into the appropriate slot than to use this crude loading device. However, when in its normal position the outside of the belt on the innermost pulley is close to or possible touching the film path above the lens. I've tried rubbing it with sandpaper with no effect and have ordered some 3mm O-ring cord to make a brand new one. I see there is a thumb nut adjustment on the abovementioned pulley to apparently alter its diameter so I'll give that a go when the new belting arrives.

It seems very hard to clean the gate area and I'm wondering if using the Super-8 mask would allow me to get the awkward fluff out.
Graham