View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2017, 12:43 am   #107
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Design-and-building a large valve Tesla coil (class C, Armstrong oscillator).

Hello Al. I've followed your detailed medical and technical history like a lot of other Forum Members. I note from your earliest reference to producing a continous wave output that it was always intended to be quite limited. That's about as far as I go with the circuitry I wouldn't want to suggest that I understand your theoretical approach in the same way that other Forum members clearly do [if at all] but I'm a bit fascinated by you being so interested in the Tesla Coil without getting drawn into the many and varied aspects of the NT story [impossible for me]. You indicated that the prime motivation for all this work [against a savage background of ill health that would decimate most people] is producing Kirilian images. You mention using Russian valves and I'd understood that Kirilian looked at organic matter but you seem to be examining materials. Can you say a bit more about this ie how and why?

I've come across some sensitivity on here re "non scientific" things like the 1930's Violet Ray Machine and yet the controversial Proton Beam Technology [derided in the press] seems to go directly back to Tesla and directed energy. There was a news item today re a child who had a life threatening cancer condition remitted. Christies Hospital in Manchester [not exactly radical] has just spent a fortune on importing a new Proton treatment unit. Not bad for an alternative therapy/technology that doesn't work really I'd be very interested to hear more about your motivation for developing such a sophisticated Tesla device. Do you hope to make a contribution with it and what do you think about the broader issues I mention, or am I completely on the wrong track here

PS. I'll just say that, even with all, your disclaimers/warnings and explanations, it's not so surprising that the unusually extreme nature of your electrical project might give rise to concern. A vintage TV CRT HT supply can be alarming enough!

I just think it's very likely that the comments by G8HQDave were much more intended to be light hearted than critical. Posting on a thread is like sending a txt or an e-mail, it's a representation of an apparent conversation but it's not at all the same. That's why we need to see peoples's faces and hear their tone of voice to fully understand intent. I've been misunderstood in that way and it has taught me to apply restraint-in both ways!

Best Wishes,

Dave W

Last edited by dave walsh; 8th Nov 2017 at 12:49 am.