View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2018, 12:55 pm   #57
Richard_FM
Nonode

Default Re: What radio & TV shop advertising do you remember?

Quote:
Originally Posted by its ur aerial View Post
Back in the 70`s I was a engineer for Granada TV Rental, and they had of course that famous advert with, the the Actor, (can't remember his name, but he played the publican of the Nags Head in Fools and Horses) in the advert he acts the roll of a engineer breaking into song as a customer opens their front door, "it`s great service great sets when you rent Granada" went the song.

The result nearly every house you went to the customer would crack the joke " are you going to sing then?" My sarcastic reply was "oh never heard that one before".

Incidentally he was a customer of Granada at the branch were I worked, and was always on the debt list, he would tell the Branch Manager, I will pay them when they pay me for their advert.

Sounds very plausible.
You are thinking of Kenneth MacDonald, I read that he used to work for Kelloggs in Trafford Park between acting jobs.

It's lucky the Royle Family wasn't around when the Granada engineer I remember coming round to service my parents TV, as he looked a lot like Jim.

Otherwise he would have been the subject of a lot of "(failed component) my arse" jokes.