View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2018, 6:23 pm   #6
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

Default Re: Huntingdon Amateur Radio Club Rally at St Neots. See RSGB site for details.

The car boot area includes a lot of trade stands as well. It starts as a fairly large hardstanding area and spreads out down the field. I have never seen them run out of space! Admission indoors is usually ok before 0900. I suppose if some traders are still setting up and carrying all their stuff in it may not be a good move to hinder them by browsing or trying to buy. Security of their stock is what they want to achieve. It is not like the National hamfest with zero admission without a valid pass.
At Horncastle rally, I had a box of new Spectrol Reliance 100k 10 turn pots go walkies. This was surprising as it is a small friendly rally and I recognise possibly half the visitors. Theft can be an issue at rallies and fleamarkets these days.
St Neots is not like some larger rallies with lots of new black boxes. Probably 2 or 3 stands selling used gear and new accessories, aerials etc for them. With good weather, should be lots to browse and maybe buy. Bring and buy table is really the club table, I think. Most people have a car boot. Car boot was I think £8.00 on the day last year. Virtually half what Rugby and Milton Keynes charged. If it is not £8.00, it is only a little more.
All I would say is check if the A1 is likely to be closed. It was on 19 August in this same area.
Rob

Last edited by CambridgeWorks; 21st Aug 2018 at 6:47 pm.