View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2009, 9:55 am   #25
swordholder
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Homebrew Valve Tester

Hi All,
Thanks to everone who has posted a comment. My intention is to post the PCB details shortly.
I will not do a kit of parts, most are readily available from Rapid Electronics, and I do not have the resources to either finance or store them. The mains transformer is possibly one fly in the ointment, although there must still be many of the "replacement type" transformers around in junk boxes which is where mine came from. No particularly difficult to get parts are used.
My main interest is Audio (Vintage and modern), the tester meets all my requirements. I dont want to get into modifying the design, I'll leave that to others. It should be fairly simple to accomodate different heater voltages, simply add another filament transformer and use that instead of the 6v winding on the existing transformer.
I don't want to get into producing PCB on a large scale, as I'm not now able to easily drill the holes to the accuracy I would expect to receive myself. Anno Domini strikes.
I will submit the design to the BVWS with a full write up to see if there is any interest in publishing it. If any of the BVWS team read this perhaps they could send me a PM and let me know what they want.Thanks to everone who has shown interest, the response has been quite overwhelming.
Regards
Mike
swordholder is offline   Reply With Quote