View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2014, 12:05 am   #25
Gridiron
Heptode

Default Re: HARPENDEN - DATE CHANGE ! please make a note.

Being the person who collapsed at Harpenden, I would like to express my thanks to everyone who assisted me during the long wait for the ambulance, especially the Australian? chap with first-aid experience who stayed with me throughout mentioned in the previous posts by Mike T.,etc.
Previous to collapsing I had gone to the refreshment area and when ordering I began to feel unwell and so sat down, hoping this would make me feel better, when this didn't work I got up and went into the main hall, intending to go outside to get some fresh air, and then blacked out and came round on the floor.
When the ambulance finally arrived, I was taken to the A&E Dept of Luton hospital,where the cut I sustained on falling was glued and I was later taken to a ward in the hospital where I had a more extensive examination, I was very happy with the standard of treatment and the politeness of the staff there.
I was allowed to leave at about 8.30pm when Alan (Kolstar), whom I had come down to Harpenden with, collected me.
I am feeling much better today although not 100%, but will be seeing my local GP tomorrow about the hospital investigations.
Thanks again to everyone who helped me at the hall, and the people who have phoned me and the forum members who have expressed their concerns.
Mike (Gridiron).