View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2021, 1:21 am   #1
anttails
Diode

Default Philips 20C937 (KT3) - can it be saved?

Greetings!
I have a nice Philips 20C937 PAL TV set from the 80s, that was from my grandparents. It was a nice set and I had it in working condition until recently...

But unfortunately, it no longer turns on. Here's what's happening: If I try to turn it on, I hear the screen trying to turn (the high pitch), but it immediately fails, tries again, fails and it's stuck on that loop.
Sometimes, for a split second, I can hear the speaker but that's it. It won't pass from this.
Last times it turned on, it would shut off randomly, getting back to work either by itself or a little poke on the side. That's not the case anymore...

Sadly in my area, people that are able to repair these TVs becoming very rare, and I'm no expert either (and I don't want to mess with something this delicate).
But I managed to locate someone that looked into the set and told me that the trouble may be on the "focus unit" part and sent me an photo that I'll attach.

I've tried to look up this part online, but so far to no luck. From what I've searched, it seems this set is built on the Philips KT3 chassis, but that's all I know.

Can this set be saved? I have no intention of getting rid of it, but I'd love to have it in working condition.
Thanks in advance and greetings from Portugal!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	part.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	235598   Click image for larger version

Name:	tv.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	235599