View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2021, 8:55 pm   #5
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

Default Re: B Bamber Electronics - what became of them?

Ted Bamber was a radio TV shop in Littleport near Ely not far from Brian Bamber who was the one in SWM and radcom. In the 90s I often visited his Anglia Industrial Auctions held usually monthly with a catalogue by post. Brian was a likeable character, sometimes coming across as a bit reclusive but I found him a honest and genuine person, but kept himself to himself. Occasionally to do a business deal could be a challenge.. He had a good sense of humour and sometimes if doing a "deal" it could take forever trying to haggle, with the conversation often drifting way off topic. I can honestly say I never heard him say anything offensive. The property consisted of the shop on the right of an archway, a terraced house to the left and a very large yard and car park at the rear. This is where a large steel frame building was erected for the auction business. There was a rear access road as well. I had a lot of respect for Brian, both in business and on a personal basis. I think it is around 20+ years now since I last heard of him so can only assume deceased as Google gives little information?
E&OE!
Rob

Last edited by CambridgeWorks; 22nd Jul 2021 at 8:57 pm. Reason: Typo