Thread: HV PSU Question
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2018, 6:17 pm   #23
Al (astral highway)
Dekatron

Default Re: HV PSU Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentode View Post
...copper Baron and gumshoe! You've done more in one life than ten other men put together!
Ahaha, Ken! while I was in the industry, I got a sense of how destructive it was, even though it passed-off as ‘recycling’.

Years later, when I’d started working for the BBC college of journalism, I discovered that a company within the refining group that is been posted to for a project in my late 20’s had declared bankruptcy in order to avoid paying a few million dollar fine.

Only because I had been working in the industry did I have the skills and insight and technical understanding to pursue such a convoluted investigation of an investigation. I became a member of the society of environmental journalists and gained access to the prosecutors of the case as well as the Environmental Protection Agency enforcement agents. I spent two weeks in the USA doing interviews and gathering copies of thousands of pages of confiscated corporate documents, I also took a series of photos (which are on the Royal Photkhraphic Society website.). I worked round the clock in my drive to understand a hugely complex mass of data, sample results, reports and evidence.

It took me ten years, on and off , using my own time and money, and while also working on other things, to follow the story from near the beginning until the successful clean up of the contaminated site.

Biggest effort of my life in many ways. The story took me around the world conceptually and I made tens of interesting contacts. I still have follow up to do. I wrote around 35,000 words but no publisher would touch the story for fear of a lawsuit for defamation. It would break anyone, trying to defend a lawsuit by the very wealthy indeed (Lear Jet owning wealth, we’re talking !)The FT weekend invited me in and got to a whisker away from commissioning me to do a short version for their magazine, but got cold feet at the last minute. When I’m well enough, I have alternative plans that bypass this difficulty, so I’m not done yet!