Thread: Workshop lining
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2018, 10:14 am   #50
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

Default Re: Workshop lining

Guy, I hadn't seen that you already had a peltier de-humidifier nor the economy seven. My shed is probably about 10 years old and although insulated does not have a vapour barrier and I imagine is allowing the outside moisture in. I can go days without entering then quite a few trips in and out with the door open a lot. It is at the North end of our plot with the 12' side facing North. The entrance is in one 8' end. This faces another shed 4' away. I enclosed the back of this area with lapped panel and made a roof from twin wall consrrvatory type roofing. The entrance to this "porch" is open but fairly sheltered from any driving rain by our house. This I find is useful for stopping rain entering through the doorway when accessing the shed. It also acts as a junk hole for scrap metal and odds and ends!
My dehumidifier is set to continously run but restricted by the timer. A thermostat control fan heater is used if needed for occasional use.
Although intended as a workshop the not quite junk and other storage predominates. The bench is pretty solid using a kitchen worktop for the surface. Loads of original dexion shelving in there as well.
Rob