View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2017, 7:37 pm   #183
Valvepower
Octode

Default Re: Audiophoolery. 'Cable Break In' - I never knew that!

Hello,

Well, with the risk of being drummed off the forum…

Tomorrow morning I’ll be heading to a hi-fi manufacturing factory on the South-East Coast. The company employs over 100 people and in lot of ways this is a very traditional manufacturing environment with the following departments/disciplines:

Tool makers
Electronic and mechanical engineers
Mechanical assemblers
Electronic assemblers
Test engineers fault finding to component level
Service department who will be willing to repair a 40-year-old unit if they can do so
Wire men and ladies
Coil winders
Use local and UK suppliers where they can
It was only up until recently they had a tea lady

And the cable, oh sorry interconnect department, which has gold door knobs, platinum flooring, diamond encrusted chandeliers and silk clad gurus being feed caviar by nubile hand maidens all in harmony with the local lay lines. These gurus are regularly seen enticing electrons the wrong way through cables

But seriously folks I’ll be the first to admit the hi-fi industry hasn’t done itself any favours (the words skeleton and cupboard jump to mind), but isn’t every industry guilty – to some extent – of creative marketing to promote their products!

Anyway, I’m proud to be a part of this company as its basically it’s good ole' engineering and manufacturing with its associated fun games and characters and, thankfully there is not an audiophool in sight, well not in a quarter of mile or so if the 'phool' police have their way

Regards
Terry
Best get my coat….
Valvepower is offline   Reply With Quote