View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2020, 3:23 pm   #53
slidertogrid
Octode

Default Re: Your TV collection...

That looks like a very well made chassis well thought out with the dropper at the top . I can see how it evolved into the VC1 series of hand wired sets. They were the first KB sets I got from the local telly shop when I was a lad.
They rarely had much wrong with them very well made sets that lasted well beyond the expected lifespan.

Yes I suppose the idea was timer could be set to remind you of a programme starting, all good until the day you forget it's set and go out leaving a valve telly to come on unattended...

I have been lucky so far with both of my Style 70s in so much as the LOPTs have held up so far ( He says touching wood) The other set which is in my pictures of the sets in the workshop is the model I remember seeing a lot of years ago. that set belonged to a friends girlfriend years ago . I think she watched a lot of telly as the tube is a replacement and it's fairly cooked around the frame output valve . The damaged panel has been cut away and a tidy patch repair carried out before I got the set.
I managed to get a replacement panel from Neil in Wales but so far the repair has held up which is a good job as I can't find where I safely stored the replacement!