View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2020, 12:26 am   #4
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Substituting for Chinese-made components and modules

I've met Julian and he's a really great guy-also incredibly knowledgeable on the radio technical front and archiving record labels, plus he likes a good pint of Thwaites bitter in Ramsbottom! He totally qualifies as a "proper chap" Come back to Rammy Julian but only when I can be there myself

Boycotting the Chinese at the individual level won't really help them and I don't think it's realistic to go down that route however much their government shames and embarrasses itself. There are other options not suitable for further discussion here but buying up the cheap red record player cartridges and many useful adaptors, valves and circuit boards etc does not mean at all, that we support what's going on with the Uighur suppression! We continue to buy products from many inventive ordinary Chinese people who are not the enemy, while we still can. The rest will be history [as they say]. Ultimately it's all about about money as usual. I've suggested to my mother-in-law [who lives near there] that refusing entrance to Bicester Village for all the incredibly eager Chinese Tourists who seem to do London, Bicester and Edinburgh in a day or so, might even change the world.

Dave W

Last edited by dave walsh; 24th Jul 2020 at 12:45 am.