View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2023, 11:12 pm   #60
jamesinnewcastl
Heptode

Default Re: Standard Beam Approach - Rebuild update

Hi All

As I can't get the types of 'Breeze' connector (socket) that I need I've produced a 3D print! The connector series all use the same outer shell and pins in various sizes so I can get sockets with the right shell size but the wrong insert. I've also modelled the two spacer rings. So making careful measurement I've made a 3D file and had the insert that I need printed!

As well as the insert, the cable guides and the 'backshell?', are also rare. I assume that these were the first things taken off and easily discarded.

Anyway, attached is a photo showing the shell and the original insert parts (top), the new printed parts are shown below with the new cable guide and backshell.

Amazingly the thread on the backshell fitted! With just a little forcing, which I assume was just cleaning the threads, the back shell went on readily!

Now I need to draw up some more inserts and also I'll be drawing the odd antenna connectors which I can't find in any form - I'll just make them!

I can get backshell printed in Aluminium but I suspect I will paint a plastic one!

Cheers
James
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Img_0310.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	272164   Click image for larger version

Name:	Img_0315.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	272165