View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2023, 3:49 pm   #77
Katar83
Pentode

Default Re: What did I get myself into? Murphy A40C.

I wouldn't be able to tell you as I didn't see the dial with the chassis on its side and me trying to find station with one hand and checking voltages with the other and I'm not even entirely sure it was radio five and radio caroline, the latter I think might have been european radio since the guy specifically mentioned that its close to midnight when it was ~22:57 here so clearly an hour ahead and when I tuned in he said radio caroli...(and it sounded like caroline).

The other radio sounded like the guy was saying radio five before switching to Bruce Springsteen song

The third one was definitely a french station or at least they talked french at the time.

The bandwave switch was definitely set to S.W and the bulbs were lit on the side dial(set to somewhere in the middle), I do get MW stations as well and as mentioned LW seems to be working best, even with a short incorrect aerial. I'm amazed that even in its current condition, BBC on LW doesn't have that specific LW hum to it like every other radio I ever listened to on LW.

Oh and the gain was significantly improved every time I was checking voltage between chassis and AC/TH1 Hexode anode with my multimeter.