View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2022, 7:47 am   #26
joebog1
Banned

Default Re: Waterslide Decals

Perhaps they do Slammer. I dont know anymore.
In the far distant past, when the Flintstones lived next door to me, I maintained a web printing machine of seven colours AND a varnish. ONE speed controller, which was the BIGGEST thyristor ( SCR in today speak ) and all registration was, once again, was by Erwin Sick. At full speed ( around 100 MPH ) it could print one ton of paper in about eight minutes. I never knew the length of a roll of paper, but if I stood beside it, it was still several feet taller than I. ( I am a short arse at about 5' 9" ) The paper was probably about 65 or 70 GSM.
Because of the speed and potential danger Erwin Sick also made the sensors ( also optical ) that slammed the brakes on, if somebody approached too closely, and nobody ever got chopped up by the presses. ( Rotary presses very similar to a newpaper press.)
Erwin Sick also made the guillotine safety sensors so that when guillotining paper ( a whole ream at a time ), you couldnt cut your hands off.

The printing machine made the labels for clothes washing power that was later laminated to the cardboard.

Joe