View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2022, 7:49 pm   #11
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Default Re: Waterslide Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammer View Post
I have the Dressola logo, it’s rather simple, I found the correct font and will recreate it. Just not too sure how I want to print it yet.
You've jumped the main hurdle - creating the artwork for the logo!

For the sake of a page of white decal paper, why not print it using your printer, whether laser or ink-jet, cut it out, place it in position and see what you think? If you're happy with its appearance, apply it to the cabinet. It's said that to give decals added protection, you can spay it with acrylic lacquer, which might be fine on a model aircraft etc, but not on a wooden radio cabinet.

In my experience they're perfectly durable on wooden cabinets without being over-sprayed.

I printed the Bush cabinet-top decal in the pic below on white ink-jet decal paper in 2018, and to test its durability, I fitted it onto a piece of scrap mahogany, with no added protection. Since 2018 it's been in my desk drawer among various other items (stapler, scissors, metal rule, calculator, multi-meter etc) which I rummage through. I can't scrape if off with a fingernail and I think it's fared quite well. (I've just taken the picture five minutes ago).

I hope that might help a bit, but whatever you decide to do, I wish you well in your endeavours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bush Set-Top Logo.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	262534