View Single Post
Old 16th May 2021, 7:34 pm   #15
Lloyd 1985
Nonode

Default Re: Bush DAC10 Speaker Revisited

Don't bin it yet!! I had the same problem, trying to centre it, there is a little room for error, so don't worry too much about getting the gap exact. I can't remember exactly what I used to shim it, it would probably have been some card, paper or even plastic (whatever was in the recycling bin at the time!). Put the screws back in and leave them so they are not tight, but would hold things in place with a little room to move them, stick something (shim) down the open side of the gap, tap the ring with something to knock it over to the shim side, once the gap looks about right tighten the screws. there will probably be a lot of back and forth with it until it's ok. I normally find there is plenty of room in the ring for the voice coil, but it's the pole that is very tight tolerance, even worse if it's rusty. Once you have the pole centred as best you can, drop the cone on, and if you have a small low powered amplifier of some sort, play some music through the speaker, and move the cone about to see if it can be centred and sound good, there will still be some buzzing with it not being glued, but you should be able to get some idea as to whether or not it's going to be any good.

Regards,
Lloyd