Thread: Grundig tk 24
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2021, 11:48 pm   #15
reartech
Triode

Default Re: Grundig tk 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpsons View Post
May I suggest we go back to fundamentals.

First question, why were the wires around the EF86 burnt? and is this a clue as to why the sound levels are low?

Second, it was said after rewiring "Now the fault is low output." Does this mean that before the burnt wires were replaced the tape recorder worked? If so the fault condition has been caused by the rewiring.

If the machine wasn't working before replacing the burn wires then it's back to the first question.

Relay connection W1, from the schematic, either sends the record level to the magic eye on record or defeats the bias oscillator on playback. I'm not sure which wire you have disconnected but I don't believe this will help find the problem.

From the Instruction Manual, you can listen to recordings on the internal loudspeaker. In other words, use the Grundig Tape recorder as an amplifier. Does this work?

Chris
Sir,
Actually It was my uncle's R-R in dead condition No audio either Hum nothing found
Basically I am Modern Electronic Engineer I applied my logic and firstly I checked whether all valve filaments are on or not finally I found EF86 filament was not working,when I checked ef86 socket connection 2 resisters are burnt out and associated wiring,replaced one by one wires with new one,I got audio with low volume during this process I dont have head hence again I applied logic by giving audio signal through Blue tooth through head terminals then also it is too low by this I confirmed my self that head is ok .
there after to check whether it is pre amplifier/oscillator problem or audio section connected Bt to radio/phono input it working fine finally I come to conclusion that it is in play back mode issue downloaded the service manual and removed w1 wire connected to b2 switch it has distortion audio but having full volume but having lack of knowledge in vintage technology and this is the first valve based equipment i am going to repair I dont have knowledge much better than You and associated this blog members please guide I follow your Instruction
Regards
Krishna