View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2005, 9:53 am   #36
YC-156
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Homebrew transmitter project (Frank vs. Oskar :) )

Hi Oskar,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskar.B
Hi all,

Unfortunatly my job has taken to much time lately so no real progress in the building of the transmitter. The company I have ordered my mod transformer from had managed to forget about my order, so I wont get it before Christmas. That actually ****** me off! Sorry ..
This shouldn't discourage you. Take the drilling pattern for the mod transformer from Hammond's website and start working on the scrap chassis. Once you have the RF section and PSU sorted out, you just have to plug in the mod iron to finish the project.

I for my part haven't gotten any further either, but that is hardly unusual for my projects. Too many irons in the fire as we say here in Denmark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskar.B
Just to keep the discussion going I will request some opinions on my antenna. It is approximately 80 meters of 2,5mm² wire strung from my parents' house, over a field and up into a large tree. See the very nice picture taken today:

http://gargnas.net:3000/bilder/En%20...5/PC160005.JPG

I have about 20m of some very heavy gauge copper wire buried in the lawn under the antenna, plus 5 ground rods, maybe 1 meter each.

The grounding will be improved next summer. I just wanted some thoughts on the basic concept.
Any long piece of wire up as high as possible will do nicely for reception on 3,5MHz and thereabouts.

How about posting some photos of your dummy load and/or your newly acquired amateur radio license, please? I for one am not going to help you put your 'science project' on the air.

Best regards

Frank N.