View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2020, 10:42 am   #47
GreasedMonkey
Pentode

Default Re: GEC Junior fineline picture problem.

The latest on this set is that another disaster has befallen it.this time completely caused by my own clumsiness and Han fisted attempts at reassembly.

I left the set running for a good few hours last night, while I drank tea and kept an eye on it. (For the sake of the set you understand, not at all because I felt like an evening in front of the telly).

Anyway, after a good few hours of trouble free operation, I decided to put it back together and go bed. Now, I lined up the chassis and proceeded to slide it all back into place by pushing on the metal work with my thumbs, or so I thought, stupidly one thumb had missed and was actually pushing on L201 which promptly snapped the plastic former, breaking the windings, both windings at the centre point and one at the other end.

I tried to solder them back together, but now can’t get a stable picture, it wobbles about all over the place in the horizontal plane.

If anybody has one of these inductors going spare, I will very much like to swap some small portraits of the queen for it.