Thread: Bush A.C.91
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2017, 6:47 pm   #60
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Default Re: Bush A.C.91

Regarding electrolytic smoothing/reservoir capacitors, some restorers simply disconnect the old one, leave it in place above the chassis and fit replacements beneath the chassis. Others, myself included, prefer to remove the innards of the old one and 're-stuff' the old can with new capacitors if there is space in the can. In recent years, high quality 'Rubycon' small capacitors with a high ripple rating have become available, in part, I think for use in flat screen TV repairs. For the last two or three years I've used them quite a lot and they've proved excellent.

I don't want to see this thread taken off at a tangent as to the arguments for/against re-stuffing old smoothing/reservoir capacitors, but there are links at post No 8 in the forum thread below as to where to obtain them. For anyone who prefers to simply fit them beneath the chassis, as they're so compact it's an asset if space is limited, as it often is. Not expensive either:

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=121958

(They're available in a wide range of values and voltage ratings - not just the ones in that thread).

Hope that's of interest.