View Single Post
Old 18th May 2020, 7:30 pm   #19
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: Saba TK75. Any Thoughts?

From some very quick microphone and line recording tests, recording and playback work in both directions, the tape I played yesterday must not have had any recordings on track 2 (another reminder that I need to make some reference tapes !).

There are some issues to investigate/fix though.

1. On line recordings the playback is distorted most likely due to my Hi-Fi phono signal being too strong, I need to fit a resistor attenuator to the cable and try again.

2. The recording level control does not work, it is like the recording level is automatic. The description of the TK 75 says to push the control switch down to put it into automatic mode, where it then will automatically change direction at the end of tape, it does not say if the recording level is also set to automatic by the switch. I get the same results with the switch up or down.

I need to check the electronics to try and see what is happening.

3. Erase is not working in Forward recording so you end up with the original recording (s) as well as the new recording, hopefully this is not the forward erase head itself, need to check it all out. Erase works in reverse recording.