View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2011, 11:54 pm   #7
camtechman
Nonode

Default Re: History Of Philips EL33XX Series Cassette Recorder

Thanks guys for the encouragement and I shall be contacting Philips (all regions & countries) to inform them of my intention, as well as a request for as much history & assistance they can supply.

As to the original EL3300 model, I have 3 of them, one with a white record button & no anti erase mech, one with a red record button & no anti erase mech and, the last one, with a red record button but an anti erase mech - but in a very basic metal form (could be a prototype or development model). Each of these models have no electronic motor speed circuit, just the centrifugal mechanical one.

What I will be doing soon is to post a thread one here to request as much alpha-numeric data on the EL33XX models, i.e.: Model Number & Suffix Codes, Motor & Date Codes, Main PCB Colour & Production Codes, together with Motor Speed PCB Colours & Codes.

As to the N2XXX series, I've been gathering and compiling data in the same way as the EL33XX models but it's not as far forward yet. Also, in that data it will also include their Cassette "Players" too, e.g.: N2000 & car units as well, e.g.: N2607.

As an aside, I have also been collecting other manufacturer’s cassette recorders that use/utilise the Philips EL33XX unit, below are a few pics from some of my collection.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Buccaneer TR100 (Aiwa TP736).jpg
Views:	1339
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	57449   Click image for larger version

Name:	GE M8415C.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	57450   Click image for larger version

Name:	National Radio Cassette RQ231S.jpg
Views:	2693