View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2023, 7:05 pm   #1
Miguel Lopez
Heptode

Default Digital voltmeters....and more

Hello everybody

I've been absent from the forum due to several reasons, but I would like to come back to share some projects that I want to begin soon. I'm in the process of gathering info to make tests and then I'll throw myself in the boiler, head first

My friend Andy (aka Diabolical Artificer) suggested me to open this thread, so here I am.

The thing is that I intend to build some measurement instruments in order to open a Metrology Laboratory to test measuring instruments from the industry. I've been a metrologist for 28 years so Metrology is a sea in which I can swim easily. I have several sensors but I lack the indicators so I think I can build them. Electricity, but also temperature, pressure, diferential pressure, and even mass. My idea is to use the ICL7135 and ICL7107 digital voltmeters for this purpose. I have the manuals of this chips and I have used (and built) the 7107 so I think this could be done.

You're all invited on this adventure

PS. The previous project, the pulse generator, was abandoned due to lack of time and electricity to work. It could be resumed in the future if I succeed with this.