View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2018, 7:00 am   #6
G3VKM_Roger
Heptode

Default Re: Seeking information about wartime equipment Production by PYE in East Anglia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtony View Post
It would be excellent if you could. I have gone through most of what's available on the net and although there are clues, such as the mention of radio production at Leiston in the Longshop, very little else. Have managed to confirm the later C12 was being built there in the 1950's. There is also a possibility that the CAT marine radio equipment was produced at the Oulton Works as well.
Hello Tony,

I Googled "PYE Village Industries" as that was a term used in Ch. 5 of the book which discusses PYE during WW2. The book came up on Google Books, so I think that reading on line is a better method than me scanning just a few pages. The two photos I mentioned of 19 Set parts production are in the digitised version of the book. I'd hate to think of today's value of the armful of WS19 wiring looms the lady is holding!

https://books.google.co.uk/books?isbn=0852962037

I have a CAT manual and I think it is a PYE publication with an address in Lowestoft. I will dig that out of the filing cabinet and check.

Good luck with the research.

Roger/G3VKM