View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2019, 4:32 pm   #66
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: Turntable Stroboscope

In many, but not all cases, the use of a monostable has a hint of desperation about it.

Hard-bitten designers remember monostables as a thing that's often circled and bitten them! Aversion therapy.

What I haven't checked is that your divider has an output pin from the stage running at 4.8kHz That would be a nuisance.

That long chain divider is rather convenient, but I haven't used them much. Most of my counter logic in the past has been fast programmable counters as programmable frequency dividers for frequency synthesisers and for low noise, you want the whole thing synchronous so ripple counters are avoided.

Cheers
David

You're picking up a lot of experience at the moment. Horowitz and Hill "The art of electronics" is a good read and a great help when you're getting going. It's useful to have a copy around. I was able to repay H&H a little several years ago when Win Hill was having trouble trying to fast switch a high power RF amplifier into a peculiar load and he got steered my way for a bit of help.

David