View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2020, 1:11 pm   #4
gridrunner
Pentode

Default Re: Pioneer Laserdisc CLD 2600 problem

Hi everyone,

thanks for the advice. I do have an interest in the format and have several pieces of equipment relating to console and computer gaming with laserdisc. It would be good over time to build up some knowledge on repair, so this one might be a slow burner.

There are a couple of things I'll put right first. Barry the bodger had been inside at some point and for reasons unknown had cut the earth wire and retied the live and neutral wires using an over-sized chocolate block. The strain relief gromit was replaced by some insulation tape and over time the block had rotated so that it was pushing up one corner of the tray. Sadly this alignment issue wasn't the problem. I'll lubricate the carriage and replace the loading belt while its in bits. I'll clean the lens and check the ribbon cables over and report back.

Getting hold of a calibration disc would be handy.

Not sure why anyone would go to the trouble of getting the back panel off just to snip the earth wire? That's a bit concerning. The player has PAT stickers so I'm wondering if that's some someone's idea of getting past earth leakage! ?

Thanks again.