View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2020, 12:19 am   #74
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Adding a selectable line input to valve radiogram

Well that's fair enough Richard and thanks for responding. Actually I broadly agree with your point but it's a matter of degree. I'm the opposite of a professional or an an expert but I would not go to all the lengths involved [particularly with more complex equipment] to change everything in situ That's the way that those running this site do HAVE to think [for very obvious reasons] being in the public domain.

Privately, it's possible to overthink everything, in which case buy something [allegedly] safer in the first place. I'm sure that I take a lot more care over domestic wiring, for example, than someone on his way to the next job! The best example I can quote is a chap on the Forum [miles from anybody] who spent a fortune on a discrete dream workshop in his large garden] and then felt obliged to tell the Local Authority. [Remember when your Conservatory had to be 75% transparent or else?]. He then had then to demolish his dream workshop and said "I suppose you were right Dave I was very sorry for him.

It's the same with vintage equipment, just apply common sense! I once said to my doctor [here in the South] everything you advise Dr G is the opposite of Dr K in the North. He said "Well David- put two Doctors in a room and you get at least, three opinions

Dave