View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2017, 5:03 pm   #7
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Default Re: Any Interest in a Sheffield Meet-Up?

'60 oldjohn' has contacted me to say he'd happy to attend as I would, subject to location, day and date. (Saturdays aren't really convenient to John).

For those who are working, maybe a Sunday would be best, and there would be a bit less traffic going into Sheffield though there's no real problem with traffic in Sheffield on any day. The Kelham Island area suggested by Joe is quite close to the Parkway Park & Ride, where there's a tram station. We go to Sheffield quite often and use that P&R. (It take me half an hour to drive five miles into Hull and park the car, or an hour to drive 60 miles to either Parkway P&R or to Meadowhall). There's a tram station at Meadowhall and it takes 7 mins into Sheffield from there.

For old codgers like me, Supertram and buses are free with your national bus pass.

I don't really mind what location is decided upon - I'm fully mobile, so if anyone in Sheffield needs picking up and dropping back home - Joe for example - I'd be happy to do that.

Nice to note that come what may, there are already several forum members interested if we can reach a consensus on day, date and venue. Really, in that regard, as Joe suggested it, I think his views should hold some sway. (BTW, Joe lives to the west of Sheffield and relies on public transport, so Crystal Peaks would pose a problem in that regard).

I'll watch developments with interest!