View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2018, 3:51 pm   #31
beachboybuff
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Reviving Radio in old German Radiogram

Hello all and Merry Christmas

Sorry it's been a awhile since I last posted on this thread. My friend who agreed to lend a signal trace hasn't been down in this part of the country recently, so I bought a newer multi meter that has a continuity test feature, just to check that there were no breaks in the circuit. This lead me to discover that the turntable is in no way connected to the amp, other that the leads which drive the motor. I took the turntable out of the radiogram and turned it over to see what was going on, and it looks as if a previous owner has deliberately disconnected it for some reason. The two wires which attach to the mono cartridge go into four wires, two of which are connected to a wire which has been simply cut part way along, and the other two are connected to nothing. I have taken a picture of the terminal to which the four wires go. It beats me why someone would just cut wires and disconnect the turntable like that?

I think I am going to have a look at a diagram for the record deck, (a BSR UA14 I think), and see what the wiring looks like for that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Turnatble disconnected1.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	175228   Click image for larger version

Name:	Turntable disconnected2.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	175229