View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2021, 10:13 am   #46
HECTOR63
Banned

Default Re: Going Mobile with Amateur Radio

Well im based in a ground floor flat and being a tenant we have limited acess to about anything and everything!Im at the bottom of a hill with a radio mast within sight at the top of the hill.Surrounded by 20ft Plus trees (Heavy woodland) etc,its been enough for the installation of a sky dish and freeview areial to be installed and distributed with some major setup to aid its functionality.I personally do not use Sky just do not have the time for all that Jazz.Radio reception for FM is reasonable but noisey at times and DAB even the Plus version is somewhat hap hazzard!I have a Roberts Internet radio now to cater for the radio at home in due course.I have some Amatuer receiver home bases but neither amount to much at the moment and the Icom IR-C6 handheld with upgraded telescopic pulls in some odditys but really not much if any Ham activity at the moment.I have been looking at various indoor options with dipoles etc but so many people have said they either work or as deaf as a post,usually due to where Im based.So the outside even stealth is a no no as far as the land agents and lord are concerned,so Im still in a state of flux!I have access to a small webpage that gives me access as a guest to some SDR which is very clever stuff indeed but Im into real hardware-always have been.So thats a bit of where I am at the moment otherwise alls okay.