View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2019, 7:24 pm   #89
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: ICE Speedmaster 1000 Eprom programmer

The 'C' suffix just means that it is in a ceramic package, and has no bearing on how the programmer programs it - that is why the programmer does not offer the 'C' version as a separate device.

The EMP-20 software is at work just now. My gut feeling is that it will only run in 'demo' mode if it doesn't find itself talking to an EMP-20, and there are other differences as well - your EMP-10 has a full set of three personality modules, but for the EMP20 there were many more of those and, just like in your EMP10 software, the programmer software indicates which module is needed for each device by appending the personality module number to the end of the device name.

Whenever you try to read from or write to a device the software first checks that you have the correct module inserted, and gets no further if you haven't. Since these module numbers are different between the EMP-10 and the EMP-20, I think it is unlikely to work at all.

At what point does it fail when you try to programme one of the Motorola devices? I'm assuming it lets you select the manufacturer / part and also lets you try to perform reads / writes which suggests that the software and programmer DO support these devices, so at what point does it fail and what error message (if any) comes up?

How sure are you of the provenance of those Motorola ICs? If you want to send me one to see if I can programme it (a) with my ALL07A and (b) with the EMP20 at work, I'd be happy to try, drop me a PM if you want to try that.