View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2021, 12:44 pm   #7
ms660
Dekatron

Default Re: AVO two panel tester strange fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by retailer View Post
It would make sense to use the same windings for anode and screen, but the transformer on my 2 panel has separate sets of terminals for the anode and screen voltages, the 250V anode terminal measures 368V and the 250V screen terminal measures 265V, in addition there is around 125 ohms resistance between the anode 250V terminal and the screen 250V terminal, to me this would indicate separate windings, I still think something is not right, just wondering if any forum members with 2 panel testers would mind checking the 250V anode voltage.
It should become clear if you look at the schematic in the AVO EMER manual in the link below:

https://frank.pocnet.net/instruments/AVO/index.html

The 250 volts g2 is from a separate tap to the 250 volts anode supply, that's because although the voltage for the anode is given in "DC" terms the actual voltage is AC and it's nominally 1.4 times greater than the indicated "DC" voltage on the anode voltage selector switch, hence your resistance reading on the 250 volts settings between those two selected voltages of the same "DC" magnitude.

Lawrence.

Last edited by ms660; 11th Jun 2021 at 12:50 pm. Reason: extra info