View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2018, 1:18 pm   #5
dalekmoore2007
Pentode

Default Re: Modeline and a laptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1152 View Post
Hi Harry, I'm flattered that my Youtube video has inspired anyone!
Hi nice to meet ya ...Yes i loved the video i didn't know you could do this with a pc card till your video ! so giving it a go .

Quote:
Peter Scott has coaxed his video card to output the old Baird 240 line system. but it looks as if you want to go much lower than that.
For a start since i have a working 625 line monitor it would be a good first test if i could get it going but yes i would be going lower and all over the place really ! main thing stopping most people playing with television after 64 line and up to 405 is lack of a video signal for testing .

Quote:
I used to operate with 120 line SSTV back in the early 1980s, receiving on a 5FP7 radar CRT, and transmitting with a sampling camera based on a 625 line videcon security camera turned on its side.
We still love the classic SSTV on the NBTV forum i made similar monitor The Deep image i called it a year or 2 back .
http://www.taswegian.com/NBTV/forum/viewforum.php?f=19
I also interested in the vidicon camera idea ,i am making a vidicon camera after i finish my multi system monitor ..i also have a PMT flying spot classic SSTV camera on my to do list ...a lot more fun than modern micro electronics..i like classic 60's 70s electronics ...i would not have a clue how stuff works these days .

Quote:
I also wrote some Z80 machine code that ran on a ZX81, it was an 8X8 character generator and grayscale generator for 120 line SSTV. The last few lines at the bottom were always grayscale, just like the Robot 400, and sounded very musical to the ear too!
OH yes i think i know that sound its the VIS code we were trying to find a classic SSTV signal without the code a while back there's very little that ever made a prerobot 8 sec sstv signal .
I made a mechanical 8 sec SSTV a while back rather like vintage SSTV !
http://www.taswegian.com/NBTV/forum/...lit=sstv+steps
Something of interest coming up Steve Anderson is making a SSTV and NBTV to 625 line converter on the nbtv forum he's just moved so getting back to working on the project ..

Quote:
Anyway, I was inspired by Kat Manton, if you look up her posting history on the forum you will see she was doing the Modeline stuff with Linux over ten years ago and called the project FoTH, Fools on the Hill, which is a homage to the pioneers at the BBC in 1936.
I read a little bit trying to pick up information and i read she had done this amazing and the FOTH i didn't know what that was about as it was mentioned in some postings ...now i know
Great work indeed !

Quote:
Can you post the hardware details of laptops you are using particularly the graphics chipsets
The others in the shed at the moment but this one also works its a Toshiba satellite pro L300..i will have a look tomorrow what the other is it is a older laptop but its the one i am experimenting with in those last postings .
i will see if i can track down what graphic chips they use .or do you just need what modeline uses with them in the menu ?
Harry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1070.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	159038   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1073.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	159039   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050016.JPG