View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2022, 4:36 pm   #3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Coulsdon, London, UK.
Posts: 1,652
Default Re: RCA AR88 Comms Receiver. Painting the case.

I think 'Wrinkle' or 'Ripple' finish is the best description for the paint type normally applied to military equipment. Also called 'Crinkle' by some.

A search for 'Crackle' finish will sometimes show a paint effect like a dried up mud pool.
This was used on some Hallicrafters SX-28 receivers.
Silicon is offline   Reply With Quote